When people learn about yurts, they usually go through several stages of yurt-exploration. Starting with “Those are so cool!” and ending up with “Where should I buy my yurt?” For some, they shop based on price, without looking at what they actually get for the money.
First, let’s get it out there, Colorado Yurt Company yurts are not the least expensive. We pride ourselves on engineering, quality materials, customer satisfaction and our over 40 year reputation. We make a yurt that goes together smoothly and lasts a really long time. Our prices are competitive, and we strive to make our yurts the best value.
When you look at yurts, the comparison is not really like apples to oranges. It’s more like comparing those tiny apples in the red net bag to the fresh, big, yummy apples straight from the orchard. In other words, we give you a quality yurt – the best quality yurt, in fact.
There are two distinctions in yurt makers- the engineered yurt and the yurt without engineering. The difference is the ability to meet building codes and give snow and wind load ratings. Our yurts are the best engineered yurts you can buy. We give you real numbers, based on our engineers’ calculations. Our base loads are impressive, but we can also provide site specific calculations considering your location’s unique characteristics*. So, when you go to sleep in your Colorado Yurt, you worry if that snow on the roof is going to end up on your feet.
We throw in tons of extras at no charge:
- We give you a standard wall height of 7’2”, creating generous interior space.
- Vinyl wall fabric is standard. No upgrade charge for this most-durable option. Each one of our sixteen colors is available to you with no upcharge.
- Every Colorado Yurt has three windows with the option to upgrade to more.
- We have choices for glass window upgrades: quality residential windows ready to install in your yurt.
- Our furniture grade, hand-crafted doors are 3’ wide and 6’8” tall (residential standard) and have an aluminum threshold making them ADA compliant.
- We use heavy-duty zippers on each window, and all window flaps convert to awnings.
- Our lumber is the highest quality, from replanted forests, giving you confidence in the framework of your yurt. We use machine stress rated rafters, Douglas Fir lattice and doors. Everything is finished in a warm, rich water-based stain.
When you pitch your Colorado Yurt, you’ll appreciate:
- Our exclusive lacing system finishes the connection between roof and wall
- Smooth sanded rafters with rounded edges prevent wear and tear on fabric
- Super strong 3/16” diameter galvanized aircraft cable encased in a vinyl covering
- Lattice to floor “L” bracket at every other crown instead of every fifth
- An unmatched attention to detail and fit
We’re experienced with shipping all over the world, and our customer satisfaction is second to none. Our company’s reputation is everything. We don’t want to be known as the cheapest yurt maker. We strive every day to be known as the best yurt maker.
*There is a charge for site-specific and wet-stamped engineering.