The Manitoba Parks System
The Manitoba parks system is a tremendously popular destination for international and domestic visitors to Canada. Manitoba Parks wanted to expand their camping offering; they wanted to offer something different—something other parks didn’t have that would not only draw attention but would also provide what they called, “comfort camping.” They wanted the convenience and comfort of a cabin without the footprint or capital cost.
- Timeframe: The project, which began in 2001, is ongoing.
- Installation: We built and delivered 60, 16-foot yurts in six locations.
- Use: Each yurt was set up for families that were interested in non-tent camping.
- Result: Manitoba’s yurts are booked solid through the summer.
- More info: Visit the Manitoba Parks website.