You can view our environmental efforts in two respects: the products we make and the actions we take.
Our dwellings use far fewer natural resources than a traditional stick built structure. They also leave a very light footprint on the earth so you can take “leave no trace camping” one step further to “leave no trace living.” The Colorado Yurt Company is committed to environmentally-friendly practices during the manufacturing process as well:
- installed a 9kW photovoltaic solar system on the roof of our production facility – the system supplies about half of our electrical needs for all manufacturing and office activities
- use wind generated electricity through our local electric co-op provides the remainder of out power needs
- utilize passive solar and natural lighting in our primary production area
- implement a rigorous recycling and reusing program
- are an approved member of Green America
- are recognized by Colorado Environmental Leadership Program
We do these things because we are staunch believers in responsible environmental stewardship. And it’s the right thing to do.