Since our first donation of five tents to volunteer aid doctors, we’ve built eight more and given them to organizations taking them to Haiti! (Read more about tents below.)
So far, we’ve received donations covering the costs of five tents!
We’d love to receive some more donations to cover our costs, and keep on making and sending tents.
Four of our new tents went to the Colorado Haiti Project and four went to Fireside International. Fireside’s tents are going to educators made homeless by Haiti’s earthquate, who are working to get schools up and running again.
Partners in Health is also in desperate need of tents. If we can build more we will be sending some to them.
We’ve streamlined our donation process and opened up a new channel for donations:
You can now make checks out to Colorado Haiti Project.
Send checks to: Colorado Yurt Company/ 28 W. South 4th St./ Montrose, CO 81401
- We’ll forward your donations on to the Colorado Haiti Project
- They’ll send you a receipt for tax-deduction (please include contact info so that they can do so.)
- If you’d like to donate online with a credit card please see previous post, send me an email or call me (Sam) at (970) 240-2111.
As an added bonus, author Becky Kemery and Gibbs Smith, Publisher are giving the beautiful book Yurts: Living in the Round, $25 value, to our first 15 donors who give $100 or more.
Check out some photos and a video of the tents:
Out new tents include:
- Durable, waterproof roof.
- Light weight privacy walls.
- Bug-proof screen walls.
- Waterproof floor.
- A bag for easy carrying and shipping.
When in the bag the tent is acceptable as checked-luggage on commercial airlines. The bag is 48 inches long, 15 inches in diameter, and, with the tent and accessories, weighs 47 pounds.
We appreciate your help in getting more tents to Haiti!